The arrest took place in Hampden County in Springfield around 8:45 a.m., Thursday, May 12.
Victor Aytche, age 29, of Springfield, was arrested on a warrant by members of the Springfield Police investigative unit in connection with a shooting that took place on Wednesday, May 4, said Ryan Walsh, spokesman for the Springfield Police.
Aytche became a suspect during the investigation into the May 4 shooting in which a car was shot, Walsh said.
He was charged with:
- Carrying a loaded firearm without a license
- Carrying a firearm without a license
- Discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling
- Malicious damage to a vehicle
- Assault with a dangerous weapon
Click here to follow Daily Voice Hampden and receive free news updates.