WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton High School Model Congress Club attended a weekend conference at Yale recently and were recognized for their stellar performance.
For four consecutive days, from Dec. 5 through Dec. 8, the Wilton High School Model Congress students debated and voted on student bills with other Northeastern high school students. The students' goal was to attempt to have their legislation passed in small committees and full congressional sessions.
The WHS Model Congress club received recognition for being the Outstanding Small Delegation as well as numerous individual student awards.
The following students were recognized for their debating and writing success at the 2013 Yale Model Congress:
- Jess Kobsa: Outstanding Legislation on Energy and Natural Resources Committee
- Cole Ford: Outstanding Legislation on the Agriculture Committee
- Jack Alibrandi: Honorable Mention on the Homeland Security Committee
- Emily Fanwick: Second Honorable Mention on the Oversight and Government Reform Committee
- Jeremy Brewer: Honorable Mention on the Supreme Court
- Alex Bendix: Honorable Mention on Intelligence Committee
- Irish Harvey: Second Honorable Mention in the Blue House Full Session (A debate of more than 200 students)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.