WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton this week:
- Wilton's Commonfund, an institutional investment firm serving nonprofits, pension funds and other institutional investors, appointed Kristofer S. Kwait as the new head of hedge fund research.
- A 31-year-old Wilton man, Jesse Sheldon, was arrested and charged with cruelty to animals after allegedly letting a total of 15 pet chickens and ducks starve to death.
- Madison Peraino and Annika Sheehan qualified for the semifinals in the prestigious Colgate Women’s Games in New York.
- Icy conditions caused six injuries in a 27-car pileup in Greenwich, leading to a nearly three-hour closure of Interstate 95.
- One lucky ticket was sold somewhere in Fairfield County that matched the first 5 numbers drawn for the Mega Millions game’s $1 million prize.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.