WESTPORT, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Westport last week:
- Westport police officers arrested Joshua Leitner, 50, on drug charges after he was found passed out behind the wheel of his car, police said.
- Taylah Lucido, 21, of Shelton; Sonny Wade, 32, of New Haven; and Xavier Longwa, 25, of Bridgeport were arrested after leading officers on a chase along the Post Road through Westport and Norwalk.
- Michael Lombardo Jr., a 38-year-old Stamford man who worked for a Westport-based financial services company, pleaded guilty to taking part in a scheme to defraud more than 20 of his investment clients.
- Westport police arrested a Bridgeport couple and a Fairfield woman, all accused of obtaining narcotics from local pharmacies through prescription fraud.
Beginning Oct. 1 and running through March 31, Westport residents and their dogs will once again be able to enjoy Compo Beach together. However, dogs are still prohibited from the pavilion, playground and boardwalk.
- A 15-year-old Wilton High School student was arrested Monday in connection with a swastika incident at the school. A second swastika incident was reported later in the week at the school.
- The two office and retail buildings located at 1300 Post Road E. in Westport have been sold for more than $4 million.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.