STRATFORD, Conn. – No one was injured but the American Red Cross was helping two families – four adults and a one child — after a fire Thursday afternoon damaged a two-story duplex in Stratford.
Firefighters responded at about 3:30 p.m. and contained the fire to the second floor and attic of 196-198 Larkin Court, according to the Stratford Star.
Fire Marshal Brian Lampart said the fire spread from an electrical outlet near a bed, the Star said.
The Bridgeport and Milford fire departments assisted, the Star said.
The Red Cross said it provided assistance to meet the families’ immediate needs as well as comfort kits containing personal care items such as toothbrushes, deodorant; shaving supplies and other needed items.
Click here to read the story at the Stratford Star.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.