Map Interactive local COVID-19 tracker
Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT
Return to your home site


Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

Police & Fire

Norwalk Man Arrested Twice In Three Days For Burglary, Assaulting Family

Stamford Police arrested a Norwalk man twice in three days on charges of burglary and assault Photo Credit: Frank MacEachern
Michael Fagan Photo Credit: Stamford Police Department

STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested twice in three days in Stamford after police said he first broke into a building and later assaulted a father and son.

Michael Fagan, 33, of 8 Pumpkin Lane was first arrested in the early morning hours of Saturday. At around 1:30 a.m. police responded to an active burglary alarm at 1281 Cove Road. Officer Mike Costello was checking the property when he heard movement on the roof. Fagan was then observed on the roof of the building, police said. 

Officers surrounded the home and Fagan descended a ladder that was resting against the building and was taken into custody. Officers checked the building with the keyholder and found evidence that Fagan had entered the building, police said. 

Fagan was charged with third-degree burglary, third-degree criminal trespass and third-degree criminal mischief. He was initially held on a $10,000 bond but was released on a promise to appear later that morning when his bond was reviewed by the State Bail Commissioner, police said.

Fagan was again arrested Monday evening when police responded to an assault on Bedford Street at around 7 p.m., police said. Officers interviewed witnesses and learned that he had created a disturbance and knocked over items in Bedford News and Variety. He then left the store and confronted a 58-year-old man who was walking with his 25-year-old son in the area of Brickhouse Grill and Bar, police said.

Fagan assaulted both the victims and then fled from the area, according to police. While responding to the scene, Sg.t George Moran observed Fagan, who ran away after seeing police. Moran chased after Fagan while other officers responded to assist, police said.

Fagan was arrested after a brief struggle while he was hiding in an alley on Broad Street, police said. He was positively identified by the two assault victims and taken to police headquarters for processing, police said. He was uncooperative during the booking process and struggled once with officers, and one officer was injured in the booking process, according to police.

Fagan was charged with two counts of third-degree assault, breach of peace and interfering with police, and held on a $10,000 bond.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.