SHELTON, Conn. -- A Shelton nursing care facility has been fined $3,000 by the Connecticut Department of Public Health for the staff's failure to check on a 79-year-old patient who died after she was left outdoors unattended for three hours on a 95-degree afternoon, according to the Connecticut Post.
Staff members lost track of the patient, Sally K. Gerrity, during a shift change at the Gardner Heights Health Care Center on July 27, and she remained outside in her wheelchair; when found, she was found unresponsive, the Connecticut Post reports.
Gerrity's body temperature had risen to 105.7 degrees, and she died as Shelton EMS arrived, according to the Connecticut Post.
To read the Connecticut Post story, click here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.