RIDGEFIELD, Conn. – Ridgefield is going back to 1964 for its annual Summerfest celebration on Friday, July 18, and Saturday, July 19.
Events include music, dancing, art, movies and relics from the '60s. Vendors and food will be available. Ridgefield’s merchants will also showcase photos, merchandise and décor from the era.
Summerfest kicks off Friday 18 with “Ridgefield a Go Go” in Ballard Park at 5:30 p.m. See below for the full event lineup:
Friday, July 18
- 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. “Ridge?eld a Go Go”
- 5:30 to 7 p.m. “Sgt Le?ert’s Phoney Hearts Club Band” (Beatles Music)
- 7 to 7:30 p.m. Fred Astaire Dance Studios (Dances of the ‘60s)
- 7:30 to 9 p.m. The Groove Zone (Motown Sound; music and dancing)
- 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. Lawn Blanket Drive-In
Saturday July 19
Main Street Area, Main Street will be closed from Bailey to CVS; Bailey Avenue will be closed. Events are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Vendors and Street Fair – Main Street and Bailey Avenue
- Kids Fun Zone – Behind Town Hall
- Cruise-In Car Show – Governor Street Parking Lot
- Swap Meet Tag Sale – Catoonah Street
Entertainment Pavilion at Main Street and Bailey Avenue
- 10 to 11 a.m.: Zumba a Go Go, Ridge?eld Fitness Studio
- 11 a.m. to noon: Wonderama with Dave Goldenberg, Trivia, Hula Hoop, Best 60’s “LooK” Contests
- Noon to 2 p.m.: Sgt. Le?ert’s Phoney Hearts Club Band
- 2 to 2:30 p.m.: Shopping Spree Prize Drawings, Rudy Marconi
- 2:30 to 4 p.m.: The Blue Yodels, Music of the 60’s
- 7 to 9 p.m. Free CHIRP Concert with Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion.
For more information, contact the Chamber of Commerce at 203-438-5992 or visit Destination Ridgefield here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.