BETHEL, Conn. -- With the Memorial Day weekend comes the start of beach reading season. So, what should be on your list? We went to Alice Hutchinson, owner of the independent Byrd's Books in Bethel, for some ideas.
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins: The author of "The Girl On The Train" returns with this addictive new novel of psychological suspense about a single mother who turns up dead at the bottom of the river that runs through town.
- The Summer House by Hannah McKinnon: A return to a beloved family beach house to celebrate an 80th birthday brings back cherished memories and long-kept secrets.
- Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan: A book about the love of books, family and belonging.
- Theft By Finding: Diaries (1977-2002) by David Sedaris: Fans will enjoy the diary selections behind this versatile author.
- The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine: The Newbery honor-winning author introduces a spirited heroine set in the world of "The Two Princesses of Bamarre" who must overcome deeply rooted prejudice—including her own—to heal her broken country.
- Orphan Island by Laurel Snyder: A one-of-a-kind novel about nine children who live on a mysterious island.
- Land of Stories, Worlds Collide by Chris Colfer: In this highly anticipated conclusion to the "Land of Stories" series, Conner and Alex must brave the impossible and restore order between the human and fairy tale world. Can it be done?
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.