Some of this fog will be locally dense and may become widespread later this morning. Residents should be alert for rapidly lowering visibilities, slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination, officials with the National Weather Service said.
Later Monday night, a cold front will sweep through the region bringing with it a chance of thunderstorms and gusty winds. But the front will only drop temperatures into the upper 50s, said the National Weather Service.
Below is the forecast through Friday:
- Monday: A chance of showers after 3 p.m. Areas of fog before 3 p.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 60. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
- Monday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7 p.m. , then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m., then a slight chance of showers after 1 a.m. Low around 52. South wind 7 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Light west wind increasing to 9 to 14 mph in the morning.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 38. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 51. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night: A slight chance of light rain after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
- Thursday: Rain likely after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
- Thursday Night: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
- Friday: A chance of rain before noon, then a chance of showers after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.