NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A fire in the garage of a Cheese Spring Road home in New Canaan was started by fireplace ashes put into garbage can, according to the New Canaan Advertiser.
Town fire personnel responded to the fire Friday afternoon. Fire departments from Stamford Wilton, Norwalk, Vista, and Pound Ridge Fire helped settle the fire down in 20 minutes.
The homeowners were home at the time of the fire and quickly exited the home with their two children and dog. All were safe.
Nobody was injured in the blaze which apparently was ignited by ashes from a fireplace put into garbage cans in the garage, said the New Canaan Advertiser.
Click here for the New Canaan Advertiser story.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.