NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- New Canaan’s farm-to-table-focused Baldanza Market and Café received a "Very Good" rating in a New York Times review of its restaurant, which opened in July 2013.
- Walgreens worker Terry Darden was honored for his alertness, which helped New Canaan police to make an arrest in a fraud case.
- The Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk metropolitan area has been rated as the most unequal place in America by Business Insider.
- New Canaan police officers Michael O'Sullivan and Brian Micena were honored for their quick response in saving a town man's life two months ago.
- Fairfield County residents who planned to spend part of Christmas Day watching the debut of the controversial movie "The Interview" will have to wait, as Sony Pictures has canceled the Dec. 25 release of the film.
- Gregory Wagner of New Canaan is among the students serving as officers of the University of Scranton's more than 80 clubs and organizations for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.