NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- A woman who lives on New Norwalk Road in New Canaan reported that about $100,000 worth of jewelry was stolen while she was out of her house, police said.
- Two hospitals in different parts of Connecticut reported clusters of severe respiratory illness among young children that could be due to enterovirus D68, or EV-D68. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also confirmed the first case of the severe respiratory infection enterovirus D68 involving a Connecticut child who was treated at Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- Football coaches from Stamford and New Canaan were nominated for the inaugural Dove Men+Care Deodorant “Caring Coach of the Year Award.”
- The New Canaan High School football team is ranked No. 1 in the state in the latest MaxPreps poll.
- Four New Canaan residents graduated from Bates College during a May commencement ceremony.
- The New Canaan Blazers youth cross country team finished third among six teams in the Wilton Invitational.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.