NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A New Canaan man pleaded not guilty to charges that he sexually assaulted a 3-year-old girl in his wife's home day care business, according to The Hour.
Attorney Phil Russell said his client, 48-year-old Bayron Castro, appeared in court Wednesday, where he entered his plea and and requested a jury trial, The Hour said.
Russell previously said Castro, "steadfastly denies his guilt" and that he will be studying both the forensic interview and police interviews associated with the case, The Hour reported.
Castro is accused of assaulting the girl four times during sleepovers at his home in July.
Castro, 48, of 96 Locust Ave., Apt. B, was charged with second-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor in connection with the incidents, which occurred form July 10-16, according to The Hour.
Castro is out on bail and wearing an electronic monitoring bracelet. He's due back in court Nov. 4, The Hour said.
The Connecticut Office Of Early Childhood ordered the day care business -- Little Children's Home Day Care in New Canaan -- to remain closed until further notice, according to The Hour.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.