NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- New Canaan Police charged a 60-year-old local man after he threatened to kill his 33-year-old girlfriend outside a condominium unit.
- With the retirement of Superintendent Mary Kolek looming on June 30, the New Canaan Board of Education is looking to name an interim superintendent as it continues its work to find a permanent replacement.
- The Fairfield woman accused of having sex with a 15-year-old boy from a New Canaan church group she led pleaded not guilty to second-degree sexual assault.
- Houses that sell for $1 million or more account for nearly a third of the housing market in Fairfield County, according to a Trulia.com study.
- New Canaan High School has been named one of the most challenging high schools in Connecticut, ranking 13th in the state and sixth in Fairfield County.
- Stamford earned the top spot in a new list of the Movoto Real Estate’s 10 Best Places To Live in Connecticut.
- Ten neighborhoods in four towns in Fairfield County have made the list of Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs. -- including one in Greenwich that is the richest suburb in the country.
- A 50-acre Copper Beech estate on the Greenwich waterfront has been sold for a staggering $120 million.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.