NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- Renowned architect Philip Johnson designed home in New Canaan is for sale for $1.575 million.
- Jackson Appelt, a rising sophomore at New Canaan High School, will be continuing his family's college lacrosse tradition.
- According to AccuWeather, New Canaan could see a polar vortex in September.
- A Stamford man, Tucker Blandford, 23, faked his death to get out of a wedding to an English woman he met at the University of Connecticut.
- Alexander Pitt, a native of New Canaan, graduated from Ithaca College’s School of Humanities and Sciences.
- Parker Nelson of New Canaan, a student at Bates College in Lewiston, Maine, presented his research at the college’s Mount David Summit. The event is an annual celebration of student academic achievement.
- The death of Benjamin Seitz, a 15-month-old Ridgefield boy in a hot car, has been ruled a homicide.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.