NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- Four men with sledge hammers robbed tens of thousands of dollars worth of watches from Henry C. Reid & Son Jewelers in downtown New Canaan.
- Joseph Borea, 56, of New Canaan was sentenced to 33 months in federal prison for collecting gambling debts for a Stamford-based gambling ring run by an organized crime family.
- New Canaan residents continue to be spooked by decapitated animals found in their yards and on decks. Police continue to search for a suspect.
- First Selectman Robert E. Mallozzi III was re-elected to his second term for Town Council in New Canaan.
- A lockdown at Central Connecticut State University that lasted for more than three hours led to the arrest of CCSU Senior, David Kyem for breach of peace.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.