“Friday Night Lights” will serve as a prelude to the main event on Saturday, and offer carnival rides, music and food concessions. The event Friday will be held from 5 to 9 p.m.
St. Mark’s will sell an “unlimited rides” wristband for $25 exclusively for “Friday Night Lights” attendees.
"We are very excited to hold the Friday Night Lights program for the second year in a row. The town of New Canaan has been extremely supportive of St. Mark's and our May Fair event for so many years," said May Fair Co-Chair Mark Thorsheim.
On Saturday, May 7, May Fair will run from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. with rides, games, entertainment and White Elephant and book sales. May Fair activities include the following:
- The May Fair White Elephant Tag Sale (9 a.m.-4 p.m.) features thousands of items for sale including jewelry, furniture, rugs, china, crystal and art.
- Foods will be available for purchase including grilled chicken, smoked brisket, pulled pork, corn on the cob and hotdogs.
- The Food Court will be open from 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m., or until supplies run out.
- Pivot Ministries Men’s Choir will be performing gospel music, and local performers including the New Canaan High School Jazz Band and Cluster Funk are scheduled to perform.
- A “Go Green” tent will part of an effort by St. Mark’s to promote a healthy earth.
- A bike parking area will be available to encourage guests to “go green” and ride to May Fair instead of driving cars and hunting for a parking spot.
The Get-About Shuttle will provide service from the railroad station parking lot and from the St. Aloysius parking lot.
By attending May Fair, the public helps to fund outreach donations to charitable organizations locally, nationally and internationally. For more information, call the St. Mark’s Parish Office at 203-966-4515, or click here.
May Fair will be held on the church grounds at 111 Oenoke Ridge, New Canaan.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.