This is officially the 50th anniversary, but the event actually began in the 1920s, when merchants put their wares on the sidewalks for sale. The big event has been sponsored annually for 50 years by the Chamber of Commerce.
The event will run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., along Park Street, Elm Street, Main Street and Forest Street. Some streets will be turned into "pedestrian malls" for your shopping and strolling enjoyment at the summer event. (For a map of the event, click here.)
The fair offers local residents and regional visitors an action-packed, bargain-filled, entertaining, and delicious way to spend a summer day in one of the most charming towns in Connecticut.
The event has tons of activities planned and the merchants pull out all the stops. Many of the best deals spawn from spring cleaning of the inventory, but some merchants have specifically ordered their customers’ favorite items to be sold at discounted prices just for the event.
There will also be entertainment in all shapes and sizes. Some of the special features this year will be:
- Al Fresco Food Court, Located this year at the Pop Up Park
- Face Painting for the Kids
- Adventure Entertainment Fun For All, Courtesy of Karl Chevrolet
- School of Rock, Inspiring kids to rock on stage and in life
- The Great Scirico, Sponsored by People’s United Bank
- The Money Machine, Courtesy of Bankwell
For more information, visit the website for the New Canaan Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.