GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Connecticut Regional Scholastic Art Awards has honored 12 students in the Upper School at Sacred Heart Greenwich for their work in photography, the visual arts and creative filmmaking.
At the Scholastic Art Awards ceremony Jan. 31 at the University of Hartford the following Sacred Heart students were honored as among the best in the state.
- Corina Gonzalez-Molina, Gold Key Photography Art Portfolio for "Black and White"
- Samantha Clark, Gold Key Photography for "Cowgirl"
- Catherine Keating, Gold Key Photography for "Luna Park, Australia"
- Jacqueline Koletas, Gold Key Photography for "Walking the Dog"
- Lizzie Kupersmith, Silver Key Photography for "Beach Breeze"
- Margot Butler, Honorable Mention Photography for "Silhouette"
- Clara Geffs, Honorable Mention Photographic Digital Art for "Piranha Bites!"
- Anna Bella, Gold Key in Digital Art for “Self Portrait”
- Eva Carrasquero, Honorable Mention in Drawing and Illustration for “Cosmic Masquerade”
- Agatha (Aggie) Ryan, Gold Key in Film and Animation for “The Marvelous McGuffins”
- Georgina Cahill, Silver Key in Film and Animation for “Frankpa”
- Claire Uygur, Honorable Mention in Film and Animation for “Focus”
The Connecticut Regional Scholastic Awards program is a professionally juried annual event that is arts education-based. It honors the best student art work in Connecticut. Award selections are made on merit for inclusion in a statewide art exhibition at the Hartford Art School at the University of Hartford.
A student exhibit will continue through Friday in the Silpe Gallery at the Hartford Art School, on the university's campus. It's open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
Sacred Heart Greenwich is an all-girls, independent K-12 day school with a co-ed early childhood education program. Founded in 1848, the school is at 1177 King St., Greenwich and has students from throughout Fairfield and Westchester counties. For more information, visit its website.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.