GREENWICH, Conn. -- A fallen tree blocking traffic and the arrest of a boy on a shocking allegation topped the news this week in Greenwich. Here are the week's top stories:
- A tree fell and blocked two lanes of northbound I-95 near Exit 5 in Greenwich during the Thursday morning commute. Traffic quickly backed up for miles into New York state. It took about two hours for DOT crews to clear the road.
- Former town Edward H. Hildebrand Jr. invented the equipment that injected the cream filling into the ever-popular Twinkie . Hildebrand, who died July 5, had worked as a baking engineer for Continental Baking and Arnold Bakeries,
- A 13-year-old Eastern Middle School student was arrested after urinating in a teacher's water bottle on the last day of school, according to a Greenwich police report.
- The Daily Voice introduced you to Greenwich’s Amy Dixon , who has less than 1 percent vision and is racing Sunday in the New York City Triathlon.
- Gov. Dannel Malloy touted tourism in Fairfield County and made a stop at the Bruce Museum.
- A seven-bedroom, eight-bathroom mansion on Midwood Drive sold for nearly $11 million recently.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.