GREENWICH, Conn. -- It's an annual mystery -- what to get your special someone for Valentine's Day? We've rounded up a list beyond the usual chocolate and flowers. Even better -- especially with the never-ending who-knows-if-it-will-snow-or-not forecast -- our list keeps you close to home in Greenwich.
- The Bruce Museum Gift Shop: Who knew this treasure trove of gifts was here? Choose from among Valentine's Day towels (for the cook), pink cat pens (for the animal-lover), teddy bears, soaps and heart-shaped containers and canvas bags. Love it: 1 Museum Drive, 203-869-0376, www.brucemuseum.org.
- Petticoat Lane: Pink pj's in both adult and kid's sizes can be found at this lingerie shop, where there's also Longchamp bags, swimwear and shapewear. Love it: 347 Greenwich Ave., 203-863-0045, www.bagshop.com.
- Michaelangelo of Greenwich: Heart-shaped plates in a variety of sizes are part of the store's repertoire, making a nice gift for those who need a place for all their Valentine chocolates. Love it: 353 Greenwich Ave., 203-661-8540, www.michaelangelogifts.com.
- Wishlist: Colorful candy-designed socks paired with sweet love notes are an easy way to a girl's heart. Another item that's a sure-fire winner? A gift certificate. Love it: 350 Greenwich Ave., 203-629-4600, www.shopwishlist.com.
- Back 40 Mercantile, Old Greenwich: This upscale home store is full of one-of-a-kind items, among them a "Let's Make Out" pillow handmade in Brooklyn from plastic bottles as well as a tic-tac-toe set. The store also has wood arrows -- similar to Cupid's perhaps? -- as well as canvas XOXO bags and hand-sewn heart necklaces. Love it: 264 Sound Beach Ave., 203-637-0240, www.back40mercantile.com.
Got a spot we missed? Tell us about it in the Comments area below.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.