FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A lot of love goes into designing a Valentine's menu — and Fairfield County is ablaze with options. A sampling follows; feel free to add your own to our comments or Facebook page.
Another way to keep your Valentine's "hot?" Check out our previous story on fireplace dining.
- Cafe Xpresso, Newtown: Indulge your sweet tooth with the chocolate mousse or strawberry mousse hearts or opt for the chocolate cupcakes filled with strawberry jam. Love Rules: 150 S Main St., (203) 304-9955.
- Del Frisco’s Grille, Stamford: Couples can cozy up while indulging in weekend-only features such as decadent Dry Aged Bone-In Ribeye with Fried Oysters, Jumbo Lump Crab Stuffed Maine Lobster Tail with Garlic Grits and Raspberry Chocolate Ganache Tart. Pair them all with the aphrodisiac-filled Flirting with Ginger cocktail or swoon-worthy wines off the Grille’s award-winning wine list; these limited time features will be offered only until Tuesday, Feb. 14. Love Rules: 101 Broad St., (203) 890-9601.
- Geronimo Tequila Bar & Southwest Grill, Fairfield: Love Potion #9 (Casamigos Blanco, La Pinta Pomegranate Liqueur, fresh lemon, agave) and Scarlett Kiss (Triple 8 Vanilla Vodka, Blood Orange juice topped with Prosecco) are among the cocktails being shaken up at this Santa Fe-inspired eatery. There's a special menu, as well including a brownie for two -- through Tuesday, Feb. 14. Love Rules: 2070 Post Rd., (203) 955-1643.
- The Fez, Stamford: Expect a four-course prix fixe menu with a Prosecco toast for $60 (plus tax & tip), and live music with special guest Kathy Muir singer/songwriter to help set the mood. Guests will also be entered into the eatery's "Dinner for Two" giveaway. Love Rules: 227 Summer St., (203) 324-3391.
- Pearl Restaurant & Bar, Westport: Celebrate love with cocktails and live music at the Pearl at Longshore. Little Black Dress will make their debut on Tuesday Feb. 14; plus there's a special menu complete with chocolate fondue for two. Love Rules: 260 Compo Road South, (203) 557-6260.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.