FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- Glean information on Lyme Disease and psychiatric medications at a lecture or have your "numbers" checked, or event learn in 15 minutes how to save a life March 12 at the Health & Wellness Exposition.
This Fairfield Chamber of Commerce and Norma Pfriem Breast Center is hosting the fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Yale-New Haven Park Avenue Medical Center in Trumbull.
The informative lectures will cover 10 topics and run every 45 minutes from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visitors may tour inside the new center which has an extensive art collection and stop by the healing and meditation garden outside.
"This Expo event is an important way to help people learn about the growing number of health-related products and services available for the whole family, in Fairfield and surrounding areas," said Fairfield Chamber of Commerce President, Beverly Balaz.
The following is scheduled:
- Hands-Only CPR and AED Training for anyone, a 15-minute lesson in saving a life.
- Screenings for blood pressure and glucose levels.
The lectures are:
- 11:00 An Integrative Approach to Lyme Disease
- 11:00 Concussions: New Hope & Insights Into Traumatic Brain Injury
- 12:00 Stress: How to Handle the Silent Killer
- 12:00 Psychiatric Medications in Youth: Pros & Cons
- 1:00 How to Stay Young for the First Hundred Years
- 1:00 Tackling the Opiate Epidemic
- 2:00 Sleep Solutions: Regain Your Rest
- 2:00 “I’m Worried About My Parents: What Are My Options?”
- 3:00 Your Health: Breast Cancer & Breast Reconstruction Options After Mastectomy
- 3:00 Nutrition and Foods to Treat Disease
Fair exhibitors include: AFC Urgent Care, Fairfield, Center for Vein Restoration, ClearCaptions, Collins Medical & Accessibility Equipment, Dojo Fairfield, Healthcare News, Norma Pfriem Breast Center (host), Oasis Senior Advisors, Pro-Health Chiropractic, Shalva Clinic, Southport Chiropractic, SYNERGY HomeCare.
Reserve a lecture spot in advance at www.FairfieldCTChamber.com or call 203-255-1011.
The center is located at 5520 Park Ave., Trumbull.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.