FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- As fast as you can say "turkey leftovers," it's time to get your Christmas tree.
So, have you gotten yours yet, Fairfield County? There's still plenty of time but sometimes, it's the shopping and selecting that are as much fun as the lugging and decorating.
What follows are some places to go, including the chop-your-own option. For more ideas, check out the Pick Your Own Christmas Tree website . Be sure to tell us your favorite spots -- or send in some photos -- in our Comments or on Facebook.
- Audubon Society H. Smith Richardson Tree Farm, Westport: Take your pick of Douglas Fir; White Spruce; Blue Spruce as well as pre-cut Fraser Fir; Caanan Fir and Balsam Fir at this12-acre plantation where a portion of proceeds benefits CT Audubon Conservation. Chop To It: 1-19 Sasco Creek Rd., 203- 801-8402.
- Castle Hill Farm ( also known as Paproski's Tree Farm) , Newtown: This 90-year-old family-run farm has pretty much everything you can imagine -- including Christmas trees -- think 20 acres of them. Among the offerings: Norway Spruce, Douglas Fir, Blue Spruce, and White Spruce. They also offer White Pine, Douglas Fir and Fraser Fir pre-cut trees. Plus, youll find handmade wreaths, sprays, swags, cemetery blankets, and boxes made on the premises by the Paproski family. Hot cider and cookies available on the weekends. Chop To It: 25 Sugar Ln., 203-426-5487.
- Everett's Corner Tree Farm, Easton: Free saws, baling and twine are offered at Everett's where you'll find an extensive selection of White Spruce, Blue Spruce, and White Pine choose-and-cut Christmas trees. Chop To It: 136 Sherwood Rd., 203-268-2508
- Fairview Tree Farm, Shelton: Aside from the trees -- a selection of chop your own Blue Spruce, White Spruce, Serbian Spruce, and Frasier Fir -- you'll also find Santa each weekend via tractor hayrides. And, yes, ther are pre-cut trees as well. Chop To It: 486 Walnut Tree Hill Rd., 203-944-9090.
- Jones Family Farms Shelton: Every year, local families hike the hills of Jones Family Farms to find the perfect centerpoint to put in their home. There are lots of varieties ranging from the tall, the short, the thin and wide. Will it be Spruce, Fraser, Balsams or Douglas? Head to the Barnyard for more stuff to choose from -- shops filled with wreaths, garland, bows, tree stands, pinecones, and more. Chop To It: 606 Walnut Tree Hill Rd., 203-929-8425.
- Maple Row Farm, Easton: In business since the 1950's this farm takes its family traditions seriously. Trees include Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Douglas Fir, Frasier Fir, Norway Spruce, White Pine and White Spruce. Chop To It: 555 North Park Ave., 203-261-9577
- Silverman's Farm, Easton: Expect a Christmas wonderland at Silverman's where hot cider, precut Christmas trees (no choose-and-cut your own), poinsettias, wreaths and gifts are just a sampling of what you'll find. Chop To It: 451 Sport Hill Rd., 203-261-3306. .
- Staib Tree Farm, Bethel: You'll find White Spruce for cutting your own (no pre-cut here). Only open for cutting from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 2 and 3 and Dec. 9 and 10 so plan accordingly. Chop To It : 49 Walnut Hill Rd., 203-748-1610.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.