DANBURY, Conn. -- A Meet the Candidate forum featuring incumbents and challengers for Connecticut State Senate and State House of Representatives is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 18.
The event will take place at the Broadview Middle School Auditorium at 7 p.m. and allows locals to get to know the candidates before Election Day.
Three questions will be asked by the Danbury City-Wide PTO, who is sponsoring the forum. Those in attendance will also have the opportunity to ask the candidates questions.
The questions being asked by the PTO are as follows:
- What do you know about the state funding issue for schools and how it impacts education and Danbury taxpayers?
- What can be done about the overcrowding in our schools?
- What impact is the U.S. Presidential election going to have on us?
Participating candidates include:
- Ken Gucker: challenger (D-24) State Senate
- Michael McLachlan: incumbent (R-24) State Senate
- Veasna Roeun: challenger, (R-109) State House
- David Arconti Jr.: incumbent (D-109) State House
- Emanuela Palmares: (R-110), challenger, State House
- Bob Godfrey: (D-110), incumbent, State House
- William Duff: (R-2), challenger, State House
- Raghib Allie-Brenan: (D-2) incumbent, State House
- Michael Ferguson: (R-138), challenger, State House
- Jeffrey Tomchik: (D-138) incumbent, State House
- Stephen Harding Jr.: (R-107), incumbent, State House (Unopposed)
- Richard Smith: (R-108), incumbent, State House (Unopposed)
The school is located at 72 Hospital Ave., Danbury.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.