DANBURY, Conn. — A third juvenile has been arrested in connection with the murder of an 18-year-old man earlier this month in Danbury, police said.
At 11:38 a.m. Wednesday, a juvenile male turned himself in to the Danbury Police Department on an active warrant, police said.
"The warrant was a result of the investigation into the homicide of Gabriel Bara-Bardo," who died of blunt impact to the head and neck, police said.
The juvenile male arrested Wednesday was charged with second-degree robbery, fifth-degree larceny, two counts of conspiracy to commit the two earlier charges and two counts of criminal liability. He was then transported to Bridgeport Juvenile Detention Center.
The Danbury Police Detective Division obtained the warrant after "establishing that the juvenile male had a connection to the homicide of Gabriel Bara-Bardo."
Additional arrests are expected, police said. Two teens — ages 15 and 16 — have been arrested and charged with felony murder in the case.
At 5:45 p.m. Aug. 5, several officers were dispatched on a report of suspicious activity on Abbott Street.
Upon arrival, officers found Bara-Bardo, alone and unconscious in the roadway next to his vehicle, police said.
Bara-Bardo, an 18-year-old Danbury resident, never regained consciousness and died of his injuries.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled the cause of death was complications from blunt impact to the head and neck. The manner of death was homicide.
Two Danbury teenagers have been arrested and charged with felony murder in the death.
Ronald Massagli, 15, was arrested Aug. 16, and Lorenzo Santana, 16, was arrested Aug 17. Both also face charges of robbery, larceny and criminal mischief in the case. Both were held at the Bridgeport Juvenile Detention Center.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the anonymous Tips Line at 203-790-8477.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.