FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here's a look at the top stories in Fairfield County from last week.
- The man killed by an Amtrak train Wednesday at the Stratford train station was identified as Daniel McCool, a 38-year-old Milford man who had been reported missing two months ago.
- Stamford's UBS Balloon Spectacular will roar to new heights with Daniel Tiger. The parade steps off Nov. 22.
- Stamford police released a video of an ambush shooting from Sunday evening on Myano Lane that left a man in critical condition.
- Sacred Heart University earned a grant to restore the coastline at Stratford Point. The federal grant will also support Long Island Sound conservation efforts by Earthplace in Westport, by the Connecticut Fund for the Environment in Darien, the Audubon Connecticut in Fairfield and SoundWaters Inc. in Stamford.
- Ridgefield police reported multiple home burglaries, including one incident in which a knife-wielding man forced his way into a home.
- Friends and family gathered in Danbury to remember a young mother from Bethel who was killed a year ago by a hit-and-run driver and to plead for help in finding the person responsible,
- Two Shelton natives recall how joining the Marines Changed Their Lives.
- Two meditation instructors say they have been able to change their lives through meditation, and together they have opened a business in Trumbull to help others.
- Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch reflects on his time in office.
- In what lawmakers are calling a “game-changer” for one neighborhood, the U.S. Department of Transportation will provide $10 million to plan and design a second train station in Bridgeport.
- The Sherman Pie Co. has been offering up a slice of life for two decades.
- The retirement party for a Greenwich triathlete's guide dog was fit for a king.
- As the popular Granola Bar of Westport nears its second anniversary, the owners are announcing plans to expand in Greenwich.
- Christopher LoGiurato of Wilton, a student at the University of Scranton, is a 2015-16 Google Student Ambassador.
- Darien's women's tennis team representing the USTA New England Section, captured the title at the USTA League Adult 40 & Over National Championships.
- Those who served in the military were honored across Fairfield County, including in ceremonies in Darien, New Canaan, Newtown, Shelton, Stratford and Trumbull, where the Brookfield police chief spoke.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.