DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury last week:
- Danbury Hospital has officially opened the doors to its new Emergency Department on Hospital Avenue.
- Students and staff at the Wooster School in Danbury gathered at the school's flagpole to participate in a short ceremony to remember those killed on Sept. 11, 2001, as well as the first responders who gave their lives to save others that day.
- The Danbury Library is seeking volunteers to help place security tags in books.
- Eight people have been arrested in connection with an underage drinking party held near the scene where a Ridgefield teen was struck and killed by a car in March.
- A Ridgefield pilot, Daniel Kropas, who took off from Danbury Airport was not injured when his small plane crashed in a field in Watertown.
- J. Michael Farren of New Canaan, a former White House counsel for President George W. Bush, was sentenced to 15 years in prison for savagely beating his wife.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.