FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Here's a look at the top stories in Fairfield County from last week.
- Bridgeport voters elected Democrat Joseph Ganim as mayor in Tuesday's election. Ganim, who served seven years in federal prison on corruption charges that toppled his last administration, declared his victory a redemption in the mayoral race in Connecticut’s largest city.
- Kyle Navin of Bridgeport was arraigned on charges of murdering his parents, who lived in Easton. Their bodies were found in an abandoned yard in Weston nearly three months after they had been reported missing.
- Three men were arrested in the shooting death of a 43-year-old Stamford woman late Monday in Lione Park. Witnesses said it was a chaotic scene as the gunman shot into the group of people. Her daughter, who was at the gathering in the park when the shooting occurred, remembered her mother as a peaceful and positive person.
- Danbury voters re-elected Mayor Mark Boughton to an eighth term in Tuesday's election.
- Ridgefield voters re-elected Rudy Marconi to a seventh term as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- A 24-year-old New Jersey man was found guilty in the 2012 shooting death of a Ridgefield man in a New Jersey apartment building.
- A former seventh grade teacher in Wilton was granted a special form of probation Thursday after he was found in a car with a 14-year-old boy in a Trumbull movie theater parking lot.
- Wilton voters elected Lynne Vanderslice as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- Newtown voters re-elected Patricia Llodra as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- For more than 20 years, Paproski Castle Hill Farm has hosted an annual corn maze and pumpkin patch at 25 Sugar Lane in Newtown.
- After nine years in business, The Toy Room In Bethel Keeps It Playful.
- Bethel voters elected Matthew Knickerbocker to a fourth term as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- The Sherman Pie Company offers up a slice of life for two decades.
- Sherman voters re-elected Clay Cope to a third term as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- Sherman's Bob Sharp remembers his days on the race track with Paul Newman.
- New Fairfield voters re-elected Susan Chapman to a second full term as first selectman in Tuesday's election.
- Voters elected Steve Dunn as first selectman of Brookfield in Tuesday's election.
- Brookfield’s traditional and much-awaited juried craft festival kicked off with something for everyone.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.