DANBURY, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Danbury this week:
- Danbury High School valedictorian Priyanka Altman will be the featured performer with the Danbury Community Orchestra in its concert on Sunday, May 4.
- Western Connecticut State University’s May 2014 commencement ceremonies will feature remarks by the president and chief executive officer of the Western Connecticut Health Network, Dr. John Murphy, and author and educational futurist Anya Kamenetz.
- Singer/songwriter Paul Simon, 72, and his wife Edie Brickell, 48, were arrested in their New Canaan home after an apparent domestic dispute.
- A new study shows that just under half of all Connecticut residents want to pack up and leave the Nutmeg State -- the second highest amount of any state in the nation, according to a Gallup Poll.
- New Metro-North schedules that will take effect on Sunday, May 11 will cut commute times into Grand Central Terminal on the Hudson, New Haven and Harlem lines.
- South Salem's Fran Normann will lead Danbury's Housatonic Habitat for Humanity as its next executive director.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.