DANBURY, Conn. -- Western Connecticut State University in Danbury has announced several upcoming events for the week of April 20, including events to celebrate Earth Day.
The following events are planned:
- Art writer, historian and curator Jennifer Samet and gallerist Steven Harvey will offer their perspectives on artists and the contemporary art scene at 11 a.m. in Room 144 of the Visual and Performing Arts Center on the WCSU Westside campus April 20 through 26. The event will be free and open to the public. For more information, call (203)-837-8403.
- The Ancell School of Business will host “The Entrepreneurial Arc: A Panel Discussion with Successful Local Business Leaders” at 6 p.m. April 20 in Room 218 of the Westside Classroom Building on the WCSU Westside campus, with participants including David Reunert, chief executive officer of National Galactic; WCSU alumna Kelley Hopkins-Alvarez, a psychotherapist, board certified career coach and speaker; and Manny Carreras, a local entrepreneur, property owner and restaurateur. The talk will be free and the public is invited. For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The "Tuesdays at Noon" performance will feature Reuel Camacho on April 21 on the university's Midtown campus. The event will be free and open to the public. For more information, call 203-837-9700 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Biological and environmental sciences professor Mitch Wagener will discuss “Climate Change: It’s Real, It’s Here, It’s Time To Act” at 7 p.m. April 21 in Room 125 of the Science Building on the WCSU Midtown campus. This Earth Day event will be free and open to the public.
- There will be a planetarium show, followed by a telescope viewing of the sky on April 25 from 8 to 10 p.m. at the Westside Observatory and Planetarium on the university's Westside campus. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 203-837-8672 or visit www.wcsu.edu/starwatch.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.