FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — Looking to shop early or shop late? If you're ready to hit the stores for bargains, three big retail outlets in Fairfield County are opening their doors on Thanksgiving evening. And even more will be opening early on Friday.
Are you going shopping over the holiday weekend?
Yes, I'm going out on Thanksgiving
Yes, but I'm waiting until Black Friday
Yes, I'll shop on Saturday or Sunday when it's less crowded
I'm doing my shopping online
All three big malls will have special hours this weekend:
- The Danbury Fair Mall will be open from 6 p.m. to midnight Thursday and 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday. Not all stores will be open Thanksgiving, but some will stay open all night, including Abercrombie & Fitch, Aerie, Aeropostale, American Eagle, Banana Republic, Cotton On, Hollister, Macy's, Microsoft, Sephora and Victoria's Secret. But JCPenney will open at 3 p.m. and stay open all night. Check the mall's website for more information.
- The Westfield Trumbull mall will open its doors from6 to 11:59 p.m. Thursday, and reopen at 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. Friday. Here's the website for more information.
- The Stamford Town Center is also open from 6 p.m. to midnight Thursday and 7 a.m. to midnight Friday. Its website offers additional info.
The malls will geographically satisfy the shopping needs of people at every corner of Fairfield County.
But if you're looking for an option beyond the mall, plenty of other stores are opening on Thanksgiving, too.
Those stores include:
- Toys R Us in Danbury and Norwalk,
- Best Buy in Danbury, Norwalk and two in Trumbull,
- WalMart in Danbury, Shelton, Stratford and two in Norwalk,
- Target in Bethel, Stamford and two in Trumbull,
- Sports Authority in Bridgeport, Danbury and Norwalk,
- Family Dollar in Danbury, two in Bridgeport, and two in Stratford, and
- Kohl's in Brookfield, Ridgefield, Fairfield, Norwalk and Trumbull.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.