A total of 15 schools in Fairfield County are among the best 50 public high schools for athletes in Connecticut – including Fairfield Warde High School, which ranks first – according to a new list released by Niche.com.
The website analyzes data sets and reviews to produce rankings, report cards and profiles for schools, colleges and places to live.
The 2018 rankings are “based on student and parent reviews of athletics, student participation in athletics, and the number of sports offered at the school,” the website says.
Here are the Fairfield County schools that made the Top 50 list, their rankings and the number of sports offered:
- 1) Fairfield Warde High with 35 sports
- 4) Darien High with 28 sports
- 5) Wilton High with 31 sports
- 6) Masuk High in Monroe with 29 sports
- 10) Staples High in Westport with 35 sports
- 14) Weston High with 29 sports
- 16) Newtown High with 27 sports
- 18) Fairfield Ludlowe with 35 sports
- 24) Bethel High with 24 sports
- 26) Trumbull High with 25 sports
- 35) Brookfield High with 27 sports
- 37) Bunnell High in Stratford with 25 sports
- 41) Joel Barlow High for Redding/Easton with 28 sports
- 43) Danbury High with 25 sports
- 46) New Canaan High with 28 sports
Click here for the full list from Niche.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.