SHARE

Eric Boothe Charged In Armed Mount Vernon Robbery

A second suspect in an armed Westchester County gas station robbery that sparked a regional manhunt and a shootout with NYPD officers has been captured nearly a year later, federal prosecutors said.  

Federal prosecutors released surveillance images depicting the armed robbery at a Mount Vernon gas station in August 2025, as well as an image of Boothe allegedly fleeing the scene. 

Federal prosecutors released surveillance images depicting the armed robbery at a Mount Vernon gas station in August 2025, as well as an image of Boothe allegedly fleeing the scene. 

Photo Credit: US Attorney's Office for Southern District of New York

Bronx resident Eric Boothe, 40, was arrested in Pennsylvania and charged in connection with the Aug. 29, 2025 robbery of a Mount Vernon gas station, the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York announced on Tuesday, Aug. 18. 

Boothe allegedly committed the robbery alongside Jamaire Robertson, who was arrested within hours of the incident last year, prosecutors said. 

As previously reported by Daily Voice, the robbery happened at a gas station at 30 Mount Vernon Ave., where the suspects allegedly stole between $500 and $600 in cash and the attendant's wallet. 

According to a newly unsealed federal complaint, Boothe and Robertson spent much of the night before the robbery traveling together through the Bronx and Mount Vernon before parking Robertson's car near his Bronx apartment around 5:10 a.m. 

The pair then allegedly put on masks, hoods, and gloves and walked toward the gas station in nearby Mount Vernon. 

At around 5:29 a.m., both men allegedly brandished handguns and robbed the gas station attendant at gunpoint before fleeing on foot, prosecutors said. 

The two men later separated while fleeing, according to federal prosecutors, who added that Robertson ran along a residential street near the Mount Vernon-Bronx border and fired his gun at NYPD officers who attempted to approach him. An officer returned fire, and no injuries were reported. 

The incident unfolded near Metro-North's New Haven Line and forced the suspension of train service for hours during the morning commute. 

Robertson was arrested later that day, but prosecutors said Boothe escaped deeper into the Bronx and began taking steps to avoid authorities. He stopped using his phone and changed his financial and social media activity before eventually relocating to the Poconos in Pennsylvania, the US Attorney's Office said.

The FBI investigation later identified a new phone they said Boothe was using, which was registered to someone else. Investigators also linked him to a pizzeria he frequented near Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania, close to where he was ultimately arrested, prosecutors said.  

Boothe was presented in White Plains federal court on Tuesday and ordered detained pending trial. He is charged with conspiracy to commit Hobbs Act robbery and Hobbs Act robbery, each carrying a maximum potential sentence of 20 years in prison, as well as possessing and brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence. 

Because Boothe was previously convicted of the same federal firearms offense in 2016, prosecutors said the new firearm charge carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison, which would have to be served consecutively to any other prison term if he is convicted. 

Meanwhile, federal robbery and firearms charges against Robertson remain pending. 

to follow Daily Voice and receive free news updates.

SCROLL TO NEXT ARTICLE