A road rage incident ended with a one person stabbed dead and another in custody in Schuylkill County, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
George Marcincin, 38 of Orwigsburg, was driving his red Dodge Ram southbound on Route 61 near Orwigsburggot around 2 p.m.on Monday when the driver of a silver Honda Accord pulled over after an unknown issue on the road between the two drivers, according to a release from state police.
Marcincin got out of his car and so did another driver, an altercation ensued, ending when the other driver stabbed Marcincin to death and fled the scene according to PSP.
The driver of the Accord was pursued by police and later arrested.
He has been identified as Tamiir Ion Whitted, 29 of Pottsville, who has been charged with the following:
- H1 Murder Of The First Degree 1
- F1Murder Of The Third Degree 1
- M2 Simple Assault 1
- F1 Aggravated Assault - Attempts to cause serious bodily injuries or causes injury with extreme indifference
- F2 Aggravated Assault - Attempts to cause or causes bodily injuries with deadly weapon 1
- M2 Recklessly Endangering Another Person 1
- M2 Resisting Arrest
- M1 Possession of an Instrument Of Crime with intent
- M2 Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Officer
He has been held in the Schuylkill County Prison without bail.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 22 at 10 a.m.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Cumberland and receive free news updates.