U.S. News & World Report has released its latest rankings of the best colleges in America.
The University of Pennsylvania was ranked among the top 10 in the nation.
The calculations were based on nine broad measures of quality: graduation and retention, graduation rate performance, graduate indebtedness, social mobility, faculty resources, expert opinion, financial resources, student excellence, and alumni giving.
The following universities were named:
1. Princeton University: Princeton, NJ
2. Columbia University: New York, NY (tie)
2. Harvard University: Cambridge, MA (tie)
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Cambridge, MA (tie)
5. Yale University: New Haven, CT
6. Stanford University: Stanford, CA
7. University of Chicago: Chicago, IL
8. University of Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, PA
9. California Institute of Technology: Pasadena, CA (tie)
9. Duke University: Durham, NC (tie)
9. Johns Hopkins University: Baltimore, MD (tie)
9. Northwestern University: Evanston, IL (tie)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.