Map Interactive local COVID-19 tracker
Contact Us
Yorktown Daily Voice serves Yorktown, NY
Return to your home site

Menu

Yorktown Daily Voice serves Yorktown, NY

Nearby Towns

Police & Fire

Three Firefighters Injured After Battling Blaze At Westchester Home

The home that burned.
The home that burned. Photo Credit: Google Maps street view

Three firefighters were injured battling a blaze in a Westchester home filled with clutter and junk.

The fire took place around 3:56 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 23, at a single-family home located on the 100 block of Scott Avenue in Yonkers, said Deputy Chief Joseph Citrone.

The fire started from an electrical outlet that sparked and ignited a mattress, Citrone said.

"Fire crews had an extremely difficult time putting out the fire due to junk being piled to the ceiling making it hard to reach the seat of the fire," Citrone said.

The house was so cluttered that it resulted in a large fire load and total loss, said Citrone. 

Houses next door received minor damage. 

No civilians injured, three firefighters were brought to local hospitals with minor injuries.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Yorktown Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.