YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino has announced that attorneys, certified financial planners and geriatric care managers will offer nine free workshops on elder law topics, plus free one-on-one consultations as part of the Yorktown Senior Law Day on Thursday.
The event will take place from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Jefferson Village Community Center, 3480 Hill Blvd. Registration is encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. To sign up call 914-813-6300 or visit www.westchestergov.com. Seniors will sign up for the 15-minute consultations on the day of the event.
“Senior Law Day helps to inform seniors of their rights, benefits and how to manage their finances,” Astorino said. “It can make all the difference as to whether they can continue to grow older in their homes and communities. I thank all the professionals who volunteer their time to make this worthwhile event happen.”
An estimated 3,500 seniors, their families and caregivers have learned about their rights since Senior Law Day began in 1999.
The Department of Senior Programs and Services presents Yorktown Senior Law Day with the Westchester Public/Private Partnership for Aging Services and the 9th Judicial District of New York State Office of Court Administration. Steve Schurkman, a partner with Keane & Beane in White Plains, is chair of Yorktown Senior Law Day.
Workshops to be presented at Yorktown Senior Law Day arranged by time:
- Estate Planning/Elder Law 101 – Nuts and Bolts of Estate Planning
- Legal and Financial Planning for the Newly Diagnosed Dementia Patient
- Smart Seniors- Smart Investors: Don’t Get Scammed
- Nuts and Bolts of Financial Planning- Planning to make your assets last through retirement.
- How Do I Pay For Long Term Care? Planning with and without Long Term Care Insurance.
- To Probate or Not to Probate? Do I use a Will or a Trust?
- Avoid 10 Greatest Gaffes in Estate and Retirement Planning
- Planificación de Bienes: Testamentos, Cuidados Médicos y Finanzas
- Take Charge: Planning In Advance for Your Healthcare
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.