YONKERS, N.Y. - A fire on Maria Lane in Yonkers Tuesday afternoon started after cinders from the stove were disposed in the garage.
"I've never seen so many trucks. Stupid me, I tried to walk into the basement to see where the smoke was coming from," said Harry McMullen, who lives in the house. "All this black smoke came flying at me. I couldn't catch my breath."
Everyone in the home got out safe. At least four fire trucks were on the scene.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.