YONKERS, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Yonkers this week:
- Thirty people were injured in a crash on the Bronx River Parkway in Yonkers that involved more than two dozen cars.
- Officer Christopher Dellacamera, a 16-year veteran of the Yonkers Police Department, was arraigned in Westchester County Court in relation to an arrest warrant issued by the Broward County Circuit Court in Florida on racketeering charges, according to a police statement.
- DNA testing by Westchester County officials has led to the arrest of a Spring Valley woman believed to be the mother of the infant boy named "Baby Angel" who was found in an Elmsford recycling plant last month.
- New York State Troopers issued 28 tickets for speeding during a speed enforcement detail on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers, according to a police statement.
- A new affordable housing ordinance and new development projects at School 19 and the H&I parcel of land, along with the sale of the former City Jail, were approved by Yonkers City Council.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.