The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced it removed from sale Nature’s Promise Organic Edamame products because they contain soy, which is not listed on the ingredient label. These products are safe to consume for individuals who do not suffer from a soy allergy.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Nature’s Promise Organic Shelled Edamame, 16 oz., UPC 68826712764
- Nature’s Promise Organic Edamame in Pod, 16 oz., UPC 68826702124
Stop & Shop has received no reports of illnesses to date. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to soy may run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Symptoms of food allergies typically appear from within a few minutes to two hours after a person has eaten the food to which he or she is allergic.
Allergic reactions can include:
- hives; flushed skin or rash
- tingling or itchy sensation in the mouth
- face, tongue, or lip swelling
- vomiting and/or diarrhea
- abdominal cramps
- coughing or wheezing
- dizziness and/or lightheadedness
- swelling of the throat and vocal cords
- difficulty breathing
- loss of consciousness
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs over 59,000 associates and operates 395 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.