TARRYTOWN, N.Y. – Several people who parked in the Crest neighborhood reported someone had rifled through their cars, Tarrytown police said.
Three people called police on May 23 to report the incidents. One caller said someone had thrown several items out from the glove compartment, but nothing was taken.
The other two callers noted their cars had been unlocked overnight. One person reported nothing was stolen. The other reported someone had taken loose change.
Police also reported the following items:
- Police were notified on May 22 that two unknown men had thrown two traffic cones against The Tarrytown Music Hall's marquee.
- A Central Avenue resident reported on May 22 that she had been the victim of identity theft.
- A Martling Avenue resident reported on May 21 that someone had taken all four tires from his car while it was parked in the lot.
- A Martling Avenue resident reported on May 19 that a friend had sold her a car that had been totaled by Hurricane Sandy without telling her.
- The family of Andrea Rebello, killed in a home invasion in Long Island, called police on May 18 and 19 to report that the family of Dalton Smith had called twice to ask questions about the home invasion.
- A small mulch fire by the Pierson Park tennis courts was reported on May 17.
- A man reported on May 17 that he had been assaulted by a contractor in the Windle Park Drive parking lot.
- A Front Street resident reported on May 17 someone had entered his unlocked car.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.