A Long Island man has been arrested for alleged possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop.
Ralik Shaheem Petty, age 24, of Hempstead, was arrested on Wednesday, Feb. 3, during a traffic stop in East Meadow, said the Nassau County Police.
Petty was busted around 3 p.m., when detectives, working as part of Operation Natalie, Nassau County’s War Against Opioids, spotted a white 2021 BMW traveling south on East Meadow Avenue. The vehicle had no front bumper or front license plate, police said.
During the stop, officers detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle, and during a search of the vehicle officers located a substance believed to be marijuana, and several controlled substances were recovered, police said.
Petty was charged with:
- Five counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance fourth-degree
- Three counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance fifth degree,
- Unlawful possession of marijuana
- Several vehicle and traffic law Infractions.
He was held for arraignment on Thursday, Feb. 4.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.