The Long Island International Film Expo brings some of the best short- and feature-length independent films to the historic Bellmore Playhouse movie theater.
The Expo has an impressive lineup and offers networking opportunities in the theater's filmmakers lounge where discussions will cover film distribution, scriptwriting, and legal music. A filmmaker panel and breakfast are scheduled.
The festival Friday, July 12 to Thursday, July 18 features films of every genre.
Long Island premieres include:
- Daniel Schechter’s, "Safe Spaces" starring Justin Long (New Girl), Fran Drescher (The Nanny), Richard Schiff (The Good Doctor), Kate Berlant (Ghosted) and Becky Ann Baker (The Blacklist)
- Eddie McGee’s (formerly of Commack) pilot, "Eddie’s" starring Eddie McGee and George Wendt (Cheers)
- Sal Del Giudice’s, "To Make a Long Story Short"
- Bellport’s Andrew Henriques’s, "The $500 Dress"
- Rockville Centre’s Kenneth R. Frank’s, "Family Obligations"
- Plainview’s Justin Portaros, "Kid, The Moon"
- St. James’, William LiPera’s, "The Rest of My Life"
- Hicksville’s Tom Cassese’s, "Zoul"
- West Babylon’s James Hardy’s, "Be There Soon"
- Glen Cove’s Christian Plingo’s, "Sometimes, We Never Really Change"
- East Meadow’s Max Hechtman’s "Stories of Strength and Hope: Preventing Youth Suicide"
New York premieres include:
- Eli Hershko’s, "Fairytale"
- Oceanside’s Jacki Xerri’s "Teen Night and Ruckzuck"
- Riverhead’s David Chai’s, "Pass the Buck"
- Jimmy Bie’s, "The Badge"
World premieres include:
- Shirley’s Fred Carpenter’s, "Interview with the Hitman" (starring Kevin Brown)
- Centerport’s, Robert M. Sansivero’s, "The Loyalist"
- Lindenhurst’s Gregg A. Dacosta’s, "The Last Sound"
- Hempstead’s Rob Graydon’s, "Father"
The Expo opens Friday, July 12 at 11 a.m. with the Young Filmmakers Showcase. The films are by students of the Long Island High School of the Arts, Barry Tech, and Long Beach High School, as well as various young independent filmmakers, the youngest being 15 years old.
Click here for the complete list of films and events, and to buy tickets.
Bellmore Movies is located at 222 Petit Ave. in Bellmore.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.