DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top news from around Dutchess County.
- Residents and drivers can ditch the detours and once again travel Degarmo Road in LaGrange and Poughkeepsie now that construction work on two bridges has been completed.
- As family and friends of Robby Schartner grieve his death on Sunday, Oct. 9 after the Manhattanville College lacrosse player was struck and killed by a car, the Detective Division of the White Plains Police Department is working to piece together the hours before the horrible accident.
- The Dutchess County Sheriff's Office is offering tips to parents and kids to keep this Halloween a safe one.
- Media giant Gannett Company Inc., announced Tuesday that it had laid off about 2 percent of its total workforce, including seven employees from the Poughkeepsie Journal, where Executive Editor Stu Shinske was laid off.
- A 49-year-old dentist from Poughkeepsie has been found guilty of insurance fraud.
- An accident between an oil truck and car on Monday in Dover left the oil truck driver entrapped in the vehicle.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.