DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at the week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- The Dutchess County Department of Public Works is on track to pave more than 20 miles of roadways this summer.
- A City of Poughkeepsie woman, who was arguing with a friend, became so mad, she ended up stabbing him with a samurai sword.
- A 20-year-old man was charged with “viciously assaulting" a police officer after luring him out of his cruiser.
- Marie Dunn, a Stormville mother of two who was run over in the parking lot of ShopRite in Carmel last November, has suffered a setback in her recovery.
- A 31-year-old Wappinger man is facing felony driving while intoxicated and unlicensed operation charges after New York State Police connected him to an earlier hit-and-run rear-end accident on All Angels Hill Road.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.