DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two stories topped the news for the week including the filming of a horror movie with big stars and the sentencing of a Beacon man for sexual abuse.
Now Hudson Valley knows the name of the major motion picture that will lead to the closure of a road in Dutchess for nearly two months starting next week. Click here to read the story.
A Beacon man who sexually abused a girl under the age of 11 for several months will spend 18 years in state prison after pleading guilty to a sex crime, according to the Dutchess County District Attorney's Office. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A Fishkill man who had been missing for five days was found floating in the Fishkill Creek area on Wednesday by a group of searchers.
- The Village of Wappingers Falls Police Department will be disbanded following a vote Wednesday night by the Board of Trustees to hire the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office to take over police services.
- The body of a woman who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge in April was recovered in the Hudson River Wednesday night after the occupants of a cabin cruiser passing through the area spotted the body and notified police.
- An impaired Dutchess County driver took state police on a wild ride in Red Hook as he attempted to flee from troopers.
- Two men were hospitalized following a two-car rollover crash early Wednesday on Route 199 in the Town of Milan, according to the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office.
- Follow Dutchess Daily Voice @DVDutchess by clicking here.
- For real-time Dutchess news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Dutchess County Forum page on Facebook by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.