DUTCHESS COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Dutchess County.
- Two months after its oft-delayed opening, the Poughkeepsie Golden Corral has reportedly closed its doors for good.
- Joesph's Steakhouse in Hyde Park was destroyed by an explosion and fire that began around 2 p.m. Monday.
- An Amenia woman was nabbed for stealing nearly $900 worth of merchandise on Saturday, March 18, from the Walmart in Ulster, according to the Ulster Police.
- Syracuse University men's basketball star and Pine Plains native Tyler Lydon will enter the 2017 NBA draft, according to multiple reports.
- The Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority at Marist College in Poughkeepsie got the ultimate surprise from their favorite TV show host, Ellen DeGeneres.
- A Westchester County employee who lives in Dutchess County was arrested Tuesday on a grand larceny charge following an investigation by the Westchester County Police, Westchester County District Attorney’s Office and the Department of Finance into some missing county funds.
- The Department of Environmental Conservation reported that a wet weather event (melting snow) caused a major sewage spill Sunday, March 19, in the Albany area that could impact Hudson Valley residents.
- A recent rash of thefts from parked motor vehicles is keeping the Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department busy investigating the crimes.
- Charles Laing will serve as the Village of Red Hook's newest trustee after unseating Village Trustee Steve Zacharzuk during Tuesday's election.
- Millerton's Village Board will have a new member with Jennifer Najdek winning a seat along with current Trustee Christine Bates who was re-elected during Tuesday's elections.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.