POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. -- Arc of Dutchess -- which serves nearly 1,000 people with disabilities in Dutchess County -- has announced the winners of its 2016 Celebration of Stars awards, which honor locals who volunteer their time and resources with the agency and the community at large.
These awards will be presented at a reception on Thursday, Oct. 27, at Dutchess Golf Club, in Poughkeepsie.
"These honorees are among the best and the brightest our community has to offer," said Arc of Dutchess Executive Director Crys McCuin. "We are grateful for these individuals and happy that we can shine the spotlight on each of them and their excellent work in the Hudson Valley."
Here are this year's recipients:
- Home Depot, represented by Christopher Zikoyanis, manager of Home Depot in Wappingers Falls -- Employer of the Year Award
- Pamela Edington, president of Dutchess Community College -- Peggy Martinko Trailblazer Award
- Maureen Kangas, general manager of the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel -- Mimi Stambrook Ally Award
- Vinnie Miller, owner of William G. Miller & Son Funeral Home -- Bessie Payne Humanitarian Award
- Ashley Russel, owner and operator of the Cakery at On-a-Stick Bakery -- Sarah Studler Smile Award
- Michelle Dancey, rehabilitation counselor of the Arc of Dutchess -- Katz Pioneer Award
- Kayla Shaffer, of the Arc of Dutchess -- Rising Star Award
- Jessica Challan-Spera -- Pessia Impassioned Parent Award
- Carolyn Naughton -- Kenny Dixon Spirit Award
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.